The StarLab system is a portable planetarium teaching environment that can be brought right into the classroom. It consists of an inflatable dome, a projector, projection cylinders, and optional accessories. Easy to store and transport, the system packs down into a traveling case and two duffel bags. In fact, the StarLab system is so compact that it can be handled by one person and transported in the back of most small cars. Once unpacked, StarLab can be set up in under ten minutes.
For more information about the StarLab product please visit the StarLab web site.
- The StarLab is best used in large rooms such as gymnasiums or auditoriums. The dimensions are 21 ft. long by 21 ft. wide by 11 ft. tall. When determining where to setup the StarLab be careful to watch out for hanging light fixtures!
- The StarLab also requires a standard 110 Volt power outlet to power the star light cylinder.
- The StarLab comes in two big duffle bags and two large steamer trunks. The entire lab will easily fits into midsize sedan. It might be a tight fit in an economy class car.
How to Reserve the StarLab
EdEon makes the StarLab unit available to teachers and the general public. To reserve, call our office at (707) 664-3263 or fill out the form below.
Rules for Checking Out the Starlab
- You must be 21 or older to check out the StarLab.
- If you are making a first-time reservation, you must be shown how to setup and use the StarLab by one of our technicians
or another approved StarLab operator.
- The StarLab requires a rental donation that helps us maintain and improve the equipment. The donation is $60 dollars / day or, if reserved for + 1 week or more, $200 dollars / week.
- Please make checks out to Sonoma State University.
- Send the check to:
Sonoma State University
1801 E. Cotati Ave.
Rohnert Park, CA
- Along with the check we need an invoice with your name, school, phone number, and dates of Starlab use. Here is a template invoice for your use. Replace the text in bold with your information and send it along with the check.
Picking Up and Returning the Starlab
When picking up or dropping off the StarLab at Sonoma State University, please call our office at (707) 664-3261 or email at least one day before your scheduled reservation or your intended drop off time. Arrangements for the drop off schedule can be discussed.
If you have any problems please contact our office either via email at email@example.com or by calling (707) 664-3261.